The Circular Tour of Izarraitz (IB) is a marked, approved circular route that follows a route halfway up around the side of the mountain range.
Izarraitz - Trekking
The Izarraitz massif located in the Urola valley, within the municipalities of Azkoitia, Azpeitia and Zestoa, has been declared a Protected Natural Space and is spread over 1,531.5 hectares having three major mountains: Erlo (1026m), Kakute (942m) and Xoxote (930m).
It is an environment of undeniable beauty for the lovers of mountain and nature as it provides an opportunity to climb to the summits, trips, adventure sports...
In addition, the Xoxote mountain refuge offers full catering service and is an ideal starting point for carrying out activities on the massif.
How to get there:
- From Mendaro: through the Aranarreka (Kilimón) valley. Only on foot.• From the top of Azkarate: taking the GI-3210 Azkarate-Itziar road.
- On foot from the Aittola parking bay.
- On foot, starting from the centre of Azkoitia, Azpeitia and Zestoa.
- From Itziar: taking the GI-3210 road on the top between Itziar and Azkarate.
- From Sasiola: on the Lastur road.
- From Mendaro: through the Aranarreka (Kilimón) valley. Only on foot.
CHOICE OF DIFFERENT ROUTES AROUND IZARRAITZ
A mountain hike suitable for climbing with the family. The shortest, easiest route. It starts from the Attola car park. Time 1 hour 30 min.
This mountain hike is 4 km long and takes 2 hours.It starts from Iturritxiki, beside the main square in Azpeitia.
This mountain hike is 8 km long, takes 3 hours 30 min, and starts from the Zubimusu bridge..